venerdì 6 giugno 2014

(ENG) Next stop: San Francisco!



The Strabologna was an achievement in terms of both sport and solidarity!
We did it ... together! ... and together we will keep running ... in the New World

My workout continues, my eyes always set on the finish line: The Fog City Run on August the 20th in San Francisco, California.
I’m now challenging myself going to San Luca – those of you who have been to Bologna know what I’m talking about; for others, just imagine an altitude gradient of 215 m (!) – to train my legs for the ups and downs of hilly San Francisco.

However, my workouts don’t stop when I take my running shoes off: my preparation does not involve only the race. I've already made contacts with some American organizations to bring our run for cancer overseas. 
Thanks to the Consul General of Italy in San Francisco, Mauro Battocchi, I was introduced to D.I.V.E. (Italian Women who live abroad) and B.A.I.A. (Business Association Italy America): two lively communities bringing together young businessmen and businesswomen in the Bay Area. D.I.V.E. and B.A.I.A. members live and/or work between Italy and America and they’ve immediately shown interest in our initiative and willingness to take part in it.

The DIVE have welcomed me into their "world" made of initiatives, events, ideas, and sharing. I cannot wait to meet them in person, I feel as though I already know them!

Friends from BAIA invited me to join their network to involve others in our race. Here is the link to the event created on their website: 5k run in aid of cancer charity 

Two different communities… the first, offering more informal and upbeat “meetings” on facebook to share different aspects of life; the second, a business network focused more on professional issues and providing online tools such as forums, blogs, events to build up relationships. Both have the common aim of going beyond our own selves, our circles of contacts, our own lives, to put together our personal and professional resources and make them available ... for the Other.

The wait for the Fog City Run, is full of new relationships, full of expectations.
Meantime ... some photos of the always beautiful Calabria where I could ... train on the sand.









Looking at this marvelous sea I feel anything is possible.
My dream is a future without cancer ...this is my way to support the fight -> link to the project


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.